How do I make sure that my students quickly login to MobLab?
After students have participated in one MobLab session, they will login for subsequent sections more quickly. Here are some tips for making sure the first session launches quickly.
- Make sure you have given students clear instructions on how to create their student accounts and join your class via your LMS or by using your class code. Our best practices on what to do before your first class goes over these steps.
- Run a survey outside of class time before your first in-class session. By doing so, students will have registered for a MobLab account, joined your class, and dealt with any payment issues before your first in-class session.
- Have students login in the minutes before the class starts by projecting "MOBLAB GAME TODAY. LOG INTO YOUR ACCOUNT.” as students settle in.
- It may be helpful to list your class code for those students who have not already joined your class.
- Once you have clicked Run Game, you can click “View Active Users” to see how many students have joined the session.
- Students who logged in early may need to refresh their browser or app.
- Your students do not need to be logged in before starting a game. Students can join and play a game while it is running.
Once you start the game, your Instructor Console switches to your game’s Monitor tab, where you will be able to see groups forming automatically. Add Robots for to fill incomplete groups about 30-40 seconds after the start of the game. This will give slower students some time to join an incomplete group.